Aliases Question

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Mon May 9 15:48:59 UTC 2005

On Monday, May 9th 2005 at 11:21 -0400, quoth Matthew Miller:

=>On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 11:11:57AM -0400, David Cary Hart wrote:
=>> Manipulating aliases is the wrong approach. Tighten your filters.
=>> Personally, I loathe spam assassin. The rbls like SORBS and Spamhaus get
=>> the job done rather nicely.
=>
=>Why loathe? It can use SORBS and Spamhaus, *plus* other things.
=>

Spamassassin works quite well, but the real trick is to reject as much as
possible before reception is complete. If you can use an RBL is sendmail
vs an RBL check in spamassassin then the choice is clear: Use the RBL in
sendmail to cause rejection before reception is done. You will have
rejected the mail and never see it, the sender knows you refused it, and
load on your server will go down.

steveo at syslang.net