A Vi (Vim) question

Deboo ^ knowledgeful at gmail.com
Mon May 9 18:10:04 UTC 2005

On 5/9/05, Ritesh Raj Sarraf <riteshsarraf at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Deboo Geek wrote:

> >> You can't do that in insert mode.
> >> Hit Escape, return to Normal mode and then use your H,J,K,L keys to move.
> >
> > I wish there was a way or some shortcut instead of extending the left
> > hand and hitting Escape. Thanks anyway.
> >
> > Deboo
> >

> Then I'd suggest you not to use vi.
> The power of vi lies in "modes" which you aren't trying to explore or
> haven't yet explored.
>
> Try it! Once you understand it you'll get addicted :-)
>

> rrs

It's not that I don't like modes, I needed a better way. I sure liked
using the Ctrl - [ key as a shortcut to Escape.  I like the Ctrl-O
better now and have become used to it when in insert mode. (by the
way, I just pressed Ctrl - [ in this email too, accidentally.

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.