how to auto start esd sound daemon

Marius Andreiana mandreiana.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 9 21:38:33 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 13:47 -0700, Charles Li wrote:
> Hi,
Ola,

> I am using xfce for fc3.  I found that the esd sound
> daemon does not auto start.  I do have the
> sound-config setup to start sound at boot up, but it
> does not work.
I don't know for xfce, but in GNOME it's in Preferences -> Sound, the
option to start sound server should be on. You could switch to alsa (in
xmms for example Preferences -> Output plugin). Alsa+dmix enabling
multiple sound sources at the same time is the default for FC4 and
there's no need for esd (except for sound over network).

FC4 test3 appears tomorrow, you could test it there in xfce and report
any problems you find.

--
Marius Andreiana