OT: What's the deal with Ubuntu?

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Tue May 10 01:10:18 UTC 2005

Hi Everyone,

There's a lot of talk around the Linux camp about Ubuntu: why? I've read
some reviews about it and a few snippets here and there of users
opinions on it, but I still don't get it.

Short of installing Ubuntu myself, can anyone give me a quick run down
on why Ubuntu is apparently rising like a rocket?  Any big differences
between Ubuntu and Fedora, besides the fact that Ubuntu is based on
bleeding-edge Debian?

Also, how does one pronounce the name?  You-bun-too?  Ooo-bun-too?

Intrigued,

Ranbir
--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu