Gnome Errors

micheal sundance at sundanceloki.com
Tue May 10 01:12:08 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 15:27 +0100, Shahzad Chohan wrote:
> HI
>
> I'm hoping someone can help me with this. Basically I get the
> following error whenever I open up a new gnome terminal:
>
> Adding client to server's list failed, CORBA error:
> IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0
>
> The only way to get rid of this error is to reboot. It happens
> randomly so I'm not sure what it could be.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated
>
> Many Thanks
> Shaz

Shahzad,

Yep it looks like CORBA is not attaching like it should.

1. Any updates to any gnome or evolution packages lately?

2. What is the output of rpm -qa|grep -i orbit

3. rpm -qa|grep -i gconf

4. It is possible, though unlikely if rebooting to temporarily fixes the
issue,  that this could be caused by stale orbit files in /tmp. Maybe
dropping into runlevel 3 and clearing these files may help.

HTH
Micheal I