Inodes preventing boot in FC3...Noob so lost

Charles Malespin charles.malespin at gmail.com
Tue May 10 15:43:42 UTC 2005

Hi all,
I came to my computer this morning(which was on all night and worked
fine last night) to check my email, when all of a sudden firefox just
shut off and closed. When I tried to open it via the icon or command
line it said prgram does not exist, and some error involving Corba(Im
sorry, I didnt write it down). So I rebooted and then my system said
it didnt shut down cleanly so I had to do a sys. integrity check. It
checked the root filesystem and gave me this error
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 : UNEXPECTED INCOSISTANCY ; run fsck manually [failed]

**An error occured during file system check
**dropping you to shell; system will reboot
**when you leave the shell
**Warning SElinux is active
**Disabling security enforcement for system recovery
**run 'setenforce 1' to reenable
**type root password
**or ctrl-D

If I type the root password it tells me that 'block number xxxxxxx
lead to a short read. Ignore(y)?
and then it asks 'force repair(y)?' But it does this for almost every
block. I have NO idea what to do or how to fix this. ANY help please,
I am desperate. I have tried with all my other kernels and get the
same thing, no way to boot into it. And this problem came out of now
where, didnt add or download anything, not even change or access
anything except email.... Please help me!!!
Charles