FlashPlayer

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Tue May 10 17:47:11 UTC 2005

On 5/10/05, Paul Davis <pfdavis at verizon.net> wrote:
> Is there any way to get Flashplayer to work on a FC3 x86-64 system?
> Every time I attempt to install FlashPlayer I get the following msg:
> "FlashPlayer is not compatible with architecture (x86-64)"
>
> any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance

You can only use Flashplayer with a 32-bit browser, which you can
install on FC3 x86_64.  Just remove the 64-bit version like:
# yum remove firefox
Go to your favorite local mirror and grab the lateset 32-bit version
from updates and install it:
rpm -ivh firefox*.i386.rpm
or whatever the name is.  I use firefox since it is easier being only
one package.
Then you can either search the web for an rpm someone has made that
will install it, or look at the install script and manually copy the
necessary files.  This is necessary because the script, as you have
found, refuses to install on the 64-bit architecture.

Jonathan

PS: You might want to search the archives before you ask questions.
This one should be in there, though it has been a while, so you'd
probably have to dig a while to find it.  There are also suggestions
about searching the archives in the archives : ).