what is the latest version of openssh-server

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:29:42 UTC 2005

On 5/10/05, jim martin <postfix168 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Look in your sshd_conf file and look for a line that
> > might read
> > Protocol 1,2
> > and change it so that it only reads
> > Protocol 2
>
> > That's all they want you to do.
>
> Thanks, so in order to prove to people that we are
> using protocol 2 instead of 1 without reading the
> sshd_config file. The best to do is test connecting
> with SSH1 and SSH2 client program to verify ??  or ?

Well if your auditor suggested that you need to disable Protocol 1, I
suspect they had some method of testing to see which protocols you
were accepting. They could very well have done what you suggested,
attempting to connect using protocol 1, and if they got a valid
connection, they know it's open. So you could test that way to be
sure.

Just make sure that you don't lock yourself out of the machine. If you
are using a client that only supports Protocol 1, and you make the
change and restart the service, you won't be able to connect to the
machine again. Make sure your client can connect with Protocol 2 as
well BEFORE you make the change.

--

David
Registered Linux User 383030 (since everyone else was doing it 8-)