how to force a hd check during boot up

Gustavo Seabra gustavo.seabra at gmail.com
Wed May 11 05:16:00 UTC 2005

On 5/9/05, Charles Li <cli168 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I had to shutdown using the power button.  At the next
> boot up, it asks me to do a hd check, which I missed.
> How do I tell it to do a hd check after this?
>
> Thanks,
> Charles Li

Sometimes it happens to me too. I think the time it gives us to click
on the right key is too llittle. If I'm not with my finger already
there waiting, it just passes and i never get the chance to ask for
the check.

Is there a way to increase the time it waits for the response?

Gustavo Seabra                                           Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.                                   Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680
Say NO! to software patents: http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com