FC3 first problem: kio_devices_mounthelper

Fabiano Petrone fabiano.petrone at bib.uniud.it
Wed May 11 07:39:33 UTC 2005

Hello, List!
I've FC3 + KDE (all upgraded with the latest ReHat rpm packages)
my trouble is opening CDs from the GUI.

1. if I mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdd /media/cdrecorder from the root console
the console answers:
*****mount: block device /dev/hdd is write-protected, mounting read-only****
so all right from the root console
In this case I can also browse the CD content with MyUserLogin(not_root)
Desktop (konqueror).

2. now umount and eject cdrom
3. re-insert cdrom
4. double-click the cdrom icon on the MyUserLogin(not_root)Desktop
5. I obtain the following error message from kio_devices_mounthelper:
******mount: /dev/hdd already mounted or /media/cdercorder busy******
...and obviously I can't see nothing in /media/cdrom

my error(s)??

1.000 thanks in advance for the reply,

    (\__/)  .~    ~. ))
   /0 0 `./      .'
  {O__,   \    {
    / .  . )    \
    |-| '-' \    } ))
   .(   _(   )_.'
  '---.~_ _ _&

**** WHOLE LOTTA LOVE!!! *****

FABIANO PETRONE
CIB3 - Biblioteca di Economia e Giurisprudenza
Universita' di Udine
VIA TOMADINI 30/A
33100 UDINE
ITALY