Missing buttons in KMail

John Aldrich john at chattanooga.net
Wed May 11 11:01:15 UTC 2005

Hello, all... I asked this earlier in the week on the KDE-PIM list, but met
with deafening silence (well, I think there was one reply that basically said
he'd had it happen too... no response on how to FIX it!)

Problem -- all of a sudden one day, my icons in the menu bar were gone. So
were the text labels for them. It's not that the menu bar is missing, as I
can "hide" the menu bar and there is a small change in the display. If I
un-hide it, there's another small change, but I still don't get any icons
across the top. Now, if I use one of the text menu options, I see buttons in
the sub-menus, just not in the actual menu-bar itself.

The ONLY thing that has changed (hardware-wise... been a LOT of software
updates) recently was that I switched to an LCD flat-panel from a 15" CRT
monitor and shortly before that, I'd switched from a 20" CRT to the 15" CRT
because of problems with my wife's PC (We're on a KVM switch.)

Any ideas? This is Fedora Core 3 KMail 1.7.1 with KDE 3.3.1-2.12. If you've
had this problem and fixed it, please tell me what you did to fix it. I'm
really not looking forward to reinstalling the whole O/S.

Thanks.