OT: What's the deal with Ubuntu?

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Wed May 11 11:04:04 UTC 2005

On Wed May 11 2005 3:55 am, John Summerfied wrote:
> Claude Jones wrote:
> > You guys got me curious, so I installed it today
> > One BIG caveat - it installs with no firewall, and there is no readily
>
> What services were exposed to the world?

there were no firewall rules at all except the default accept all three states
- so I assume all was exposed - I didn't spend more than a few hours on it,
and it didn't even occur to me to check this till well into the process... It
was kind of surprising to find it in that state after being up several hours
on the net
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA