YUM: what is this error trying to tell me?

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Thu May 12 05:29:49 UTC 2005

> On Wed, 2005-05-11 at 11:57 -0600, clemens at dwf.com wrote:
> > What is this error traceback trying to say?
> I don't suppose you typed "Ctrl-D" instead of "y" or "n"?

No, the output you saw was from a script, which ran

    yum -e 0 -d 1 list updates ; yum -e 0 -d 1 update

If you suspect some problem with ^D, then perhaps I should add -y to
the command line(s).

> Is this repeatable?

It happened on two different machines, so it is repeatable,
However, running just a

    yum list updates

and then

    yum update

later, by hand, ran just fine, without any errors (and where I typed in 'y' at
the question)

Mumph.

Any further thoughts?

--