Yum failure out of the blue

Alexander Volovics awol at home.nl
Thu May 12 11:23:54 UTC 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 11:55:29AM +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:

> Alexander Volovics wrote:
> >I am not aware of having changed anything (except for adding
> >the livna and extras repos for i86_64 to yum con.f) but I just
> >got the following:
> ># yum search R
> >Options Error: Not a boolean: a
> >Has something changed or am I being stupid?

> Please post your yum.conf and yum.repos.d/*.repo files.

Here they come, first 'yum.conf':

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=fedora-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
retries=20
obsoletes=1

[extras]
name=Fedora Extras - $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$b
asearch/
gpgcheck=1

[extras-testing]
name=Fedora Extras Test Updates - $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/testing/$relea
sever/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1

[livna-stable]
name=Livna Stable - $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.stable/
gpgcheck=1

[livna-testing]
name=Livna Testing - $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.testing/
gpgcheck=a

[livna-unstable]
name=Livna Unstable - $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.unstable
gpgcheck=1

I won't list all the entries in 'yum.repos.d' because I never
use 'fedora.repo', 'fedora-updates.repo', 'fedora-updates-testing.repo',
and 'fedora-devel.repo'. These are unchanged since the install of FC3
(I use 'up2date' for these things). I only ever added the following:
'CRAN.repo':

[CRAN]
name=CRAN repository
baseurl=http://cran.univ-lyon1.fr/bin/linux/redhat/fc3/x86_64/