Veritas Remote Agent Install Problems

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Thu May 12 13:14:14 UTC 2005

Good Morning Everyone:

I am hitting a little bit of an unusual situation here.

I am trying to install the Veritas Remote Backup Agent for Linux on a
couple of my FC 2 Boxes.

The first box installed it on the install ran with no problems, and was
quite simple, answer a few questions and bang, its done

However when I went to my next box -- a webserver, I started the script,
and it asked for the name of the computer to install to -- I supplied
the name, and also tried with the IP

It used the ip and tried to ping the box (the install cdrom is in that
box)  It reported a successful ping, and then tried to establish rsh
communications with the box (isn't that a little unusual due to the fact
that the disk is on the local CDROM drive)  Anyway, it reported that
using RSH generated extraneous characters, and refused to install.

I am kind of at a loss for where to go from here, the agent does not
have any documentation that I can find, its supposed to be a simple CLI
install, so im not really sure whats up

Thanks for your help

Tim Holmes

IT Manager / Webmaster