Online Installation of FC3

manish kumar manish_compbug at rediffmail.com
Fri May 13 08:39:51 UTC 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005 Paul Howarth wrote :

>What do you mean by "online"? A network install, an install of a machine at a remote location, or an upgrade of an existing system that you want to remain online during most of the upgrade process?

online => Network install. If I remember correctly, earlier Redhat/Fedora used to allow one to create a floppy boot disk via which you can initiate installation. Then the installation will proceed by downloading packages from HTTP/FTP sites. Is it still possible for FC3? I couldn't locate info about it on the site.

Also I want to know if it is possible to upgrade an RH8 distro to FC3.

>P.S. Please try to avoid posting HTML to this mailing list if it all possible.

Sorry about that. Looks like rediff forces the mail content in HTML. If this problem persists, Please let me know. I will subscribe using other account.

Regards,
Manish