no CD-ROM instalation

Garry Harthill gazzerh at gmail.com
Fri May 13 14:47:34 UTC 2005

On 13/05/05, Mark Greenbank <mark.greenbank at gmail.com> wrote:
> you can boot from a floppy and do a network install from another computer
>
> Mark
>
> On 5/13/05, Juliano Medeiros Coimbra <juliano at desq.feq.unicamp.br> wrote:
> >  Hi everyone!
> >  I would like to install FC3 in a computer without CD-ROM.
> >  It has other type of linux (Conectiva) instaled, but i can't figure out how
> > to make this instalation.
> >
> >  thanks for your attention!
> >  Juliano
> >
> > --
> >

> --

If you haven't got either a floppy drive or a CD-ROM drive you will
need to set up a machine as a DHCP server with a TFTP server running.
Then PXE boot your machine that is going to be rolled out.

You will need to download the FC3 PXE boot installation images and put
them on the TFTP server along with pxelinux. Then configure the DHCP
server to point at the TFTP server and pxelinux.0 (which is the
pxelinux loader).