fedora-list Digest, Vol 15, Issue 120

James T. Carver jtcarver at skinartz.com
Fri May 13 16:46:27 UTC 2005

On Friday 13 May 2005 04:14 am, fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 21:55 -0800, James T. Carver wrote:
> > I am currently running Fedora 3, and having come across an ATM interface
> > (Olicomm Rapidfire 616X card) I am wanting to experment a little with
> > ATM. I have looked all over the net for drivers and resources for this
> > card, and as of yet am unable to find any information about this card. I
> > went to the Olicomm web site, but all they had were drivers for Win 2000
> > and Win NT 4, nothing at all for Linux. If any of you have experience
> > with that card, or can point me in the right direction, it would be
> > greatly appreciated...
> >
> > Thanx,
> >
> > James Carver
>
> James,
>
> Check the chipset.  It's been a very long time since I played with ATM,
> but it may be similar to another card.
>
> I could not make any conclusions from their docs.
>
> Bob...

Thanks Bob, I will check the chipset. I picked the card up so I could play
around with ATM (The book with the card says it would provide an OC12 fiber
optic backbone connection, and I was seeing if I could use them to connect
two segments of a network that were quite a distance from each other.  No big
loss if I cannot get them to work (I paid $5 each for them on EBay ).