[Fedora] Re: Fwd: RE: Fwd: RE: Re: Ban peter.whalley

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Fri May 13 20:10:04 UTC 2005

Steffen Kluge wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 11:55 -0700, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>

>>Guess someone has fixed the problem.
>>

>I did (for you, anyway). In one of your postings to this thread you
>quoted a full sender verification request you received. I clicked the
>link contained therein to see what it was about. It turned out to be a
>proper sender verification setup. Stupid (IMO) but proper. By clicking
>that link I added you to Peter Whalley's whitelist, something you could
>have done yourself and saved yourself a lot of annoyance.

Even when I didnt post anything related to this thread , I got that
message... It was at least one month ago..

>This is all besides the point though. People may choose to use sender
>verification schemes, that's their problem. The real question is, why is
>he being sent list email when he's supposedly not a subscriber?

According to some previous message about this auto-responder , Warren
Togami said that the e-mail peter.whalley at uol dot com dot br wasnt in
the memberlist..
So probably some autoforwarder is involved.. The ideal way to check this
is asking for the list admin and for the technical staff at redhat to
check the bounces for the monthly password reminders... Probably one of
those bounces will be the one causing this pain... The best way would
involve some hacking on mailman though.. Since the auto-responder only
shows the subject , it'd be possible to identify him by making mailman
send the monthly password reminders with the username on the subject.
This way , when it bounces , the tech staff would know who is
peter.whalley..

--
Pedro Macedo