Xwindows locking up on boot

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Sat May 14 12:57:24 UTC 2005

On Saturday 14 May 2005 01:08 am, Randolph Jones wrote:
> I have FC3 2.6.11.7. I have been ok for some time, and recently
> my system fails on boot every other boot
> the x window starts and fails at hardware check, requiring
> poweroff and restart
> next boot is ok, but if I use cmdline shutdown or the menu it will
> freeze the next boot
> the mouse moves but keyboard does not respond
> the display freezes during the hardware check
> I dont see anything in the messages file
> Any ideas where to look for the problem?
> TIA
> rfjones
I have had this sort of problem with some programs, especially Adobe and java
programs sucking up all CPU resources.

Check what you are starting with X a startup program may be at fault.
You can use top to see wich ones may be at fault ( you will have to be patient
it can take a few minutes for top to start).
--
John H Ludwig

Common sense is so rare, why do they call it common!!!

I'm not schitziod! I got better tomorrow.