Firefox Fonts Limited

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Sun May 15 01:14:51 UTC 2005

I just installed FC3. I feel like the font in Firefox is odd. The lines have a lot of space between them. I think I might be missing some fonts. If I look at the font menu I have a very narrow list of odd fonts like Nimbus and Utopia but none of the normal fonts like Times New Roman, Arial, or Helvetica.

I copied over my ttf fonts and added them to the font path (actually using XFS) and varified their availability in xfontsel but still Firefox has a very limited goofy set of fonts. How can I get just plain Times New Roman?

Also, is there a way to disable the anti-aliasing or whatever smoothing is going on? IMHO I think it looks retarded and would like to turn it off.

Thanks,
Mike