Mount option hazardous to USB Flash!

David Fletcher fm_maillists at ntlworld.com
Sun May 15 23:03:42 UTC 2005

On Sunday 15 May 2005 19:09, Chris Jones wrote:
> > 	Put that in:
> >
> > 	/etc/hal/fdi/policy/95-user-storage-policy.fdi
>
> Are you sure thats correct ? I am running FC3 and don't have
> a /etc/hal/fdi/policy directory. Should I create one ? Will HAL even look
> there if I did ?
>
> I do have a directory
>
> /usr/share/hal/fdi/95userpolicy
>
> where I have placed a file (containing the same entry as your file) called
> usb-key.fdi
>
> which does the job for me.
>
> Is this going to get wiped one HAL next gets updated ?
>
> Chris

I'm just mounting mine by right-click mount on a desktop icon.

I've been watching this thread for a couple of days, thought I'd try the
solution.

Michael's way hung my system when I did the service restart, then after the
reset button reboot I still had the sync in the mount anyway.

Changed the system Chris's way, told system to restart, got kernel panic, CUPS
I think, but now it's going again the sync has gone.

Hope I can now shut down the system cleanly.

Dave F