DISPLAYMANAGER=KDE

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 00:35:49 UTC 2005

--- Sam Johnson <johnsonsamc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Even after a reboot.
>
> On 5/15/05, Peter Schmitt <offcampus at adelphia.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Even after a reboot?
> >
> > Sam Johnson wrote:
> >
> > After setting that, it is STILL appearing as
> GDM!!!! >:o(
> >
> > On 5/15/05, Peter Schmitt <offcampus at adelphia.net
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE" works great!!
> > >

> > > *Message: 1
> > > Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 07:18:06 -0400
> > > From: Sam Johnson
> > > <johnsonsamc at gmail.com> <johnsonsamc at gmail.com>
> > > Subject: Re: Set KDE as default session on FC3
> without uninstalling
> > > 	GNOME?
> > > To: Fedora-List
> > > <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> > >
> > >  <1116155887.4962.0.camel at localhost.localdomain>
> > >
> > > The file used to read:
> > >
> > > DESKTOP="GNOME"
> > >
> > > And now it reads:
> > >
> > > DEKTOP="KDE"
> > > DISPLAYMANAGER="KDM"
> > >

> > > Yes, I also want my display manager to be KDM so
> KDE is actually happy.
> > > Unfortunately, this line seems to be getting
> ignored, and the display
> > > manager is still appearing as GDM.*
> > >

> > --
> > Sam Johnson
> >
> > It is always easier to believe than to deny. Our
> minds are naturally
> > affirmative.
> > -John Burroughs
> >

> --
> Sam Johnson
>
> It is always easier to believe than to deny. Our
> minds are naturally
> affirmative.
> -John Burroughs
>

> --
> Sam Johnson
>
> It is always easier to believe than to deny. Our
> minds are naturally
> affirmative.
> -John Burroughs
> > --

Remove the gdm login manager.  System -> Add/Remove
Applications -> XSessions -> gdm mangager.  And that
will leave kdm only as the login manager.  This shall
take care of it, However if you want to still have gdm
then there should be an alternate solution.  I have
tried the same suggestions and it did not work for me
just like you have intended.  But removing gdm did
work for me.  Please give it a try and if that does
not work, then I do not know what will.

Regards,

Antonio