Second Mail Server

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Mon May 16 14:00:45 UTC 2005

Good Morning Everyone:

I am continuing to work on our network here, and I'm very thankful for
all the help that I have received over the past several months from this
group.

My next quandary that I am in relates to our second mail server.  Our
primary box is an exchange server which services all the user e-mail
accounts etc.  I would like to set up a second mail server to
primarially run the Email lists - Using Mailman, as well as to host
e-mail for other domains. (if a teacher owns a domain name, I want to
host e-mail for them as a benefit of their employment, just like I host
their webpages)

I am curious to your thoughts on which Mail server would be best (fc3
box)  Right now it has both sendmail and postfix set up on it, and its
got its own static IP (public).

Also if anyone knows of a link to a fairly basic guide to either one of
these severs, I am new e-mail servers and I need some basic instruction.
I have tried googling and I tend to get stuff that's kinda above where I
am at.  Lastly, this server (like my primary) needs to use a smart host
cuz our ISP has got some of our IPs screwed up.

Thanks

TIM

Tim Holmes

IT Manager / Webmaster