Running COFF legacy apps? Is it possible? How?

Mitch D Day daymitc at isu.edu
Mon May 16 15:39:23 UTC 2005

Hello to the list.

I am a biologist, a self-taught programmer and linux user.  I tell you
all this so you can frame your response appropriately.  I have a
research project that makes use of an algorithm implemented by the
inventors and distributed as a COFF binary.  All my attempts to get
source code or an ELF binary have been ignored.

Is it still possible to run COFF binaries on a modern linux distro (I
would prefer to use Fedora, out of familiarity and habit)?  The last
time I did this kind of thing was Redhat 7.2.  Is anyone out there
faced with a similar challenge?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mitch D. Day