Running COFF legacy apps? Is it possible? How?

Anthony J Placilla anthony_placilla at SUTH.COM
Mon May 16 15:54:47 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 09:39 -0600, Mitch D Day wrote:
> Hello to the list.
>

> I am a biologist, a self-taught programmer and linux user.  I tell you
> all this so you can frame your response appropriately.  I have a
> research project that makes use of an algorithm implemented by the
> inventors and distributed as a COFF binary.  All my attempts to get
> source code or an ELF binary have been ignored.
>
> Is it still possible to run COFF binaries on a modern linux distro (I
> would prefer to use Fedora, out of familiarity and habit)?  The last
> time I did this kind of thing was Redhat 7.2.  Is anyone out there
> faced with a similar challenge?
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
>

> Mitch D. Day
> Department of Biological Sciences
> Idaho State University
> Pocatello, ID

Try here

http://linux-abi.sourceforge.net/

--
Tony Placilla, RHCT
anthony_placilla at suth.com

J.O.A.T.

GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/C78F8B64              http://pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint = A8D5 7AFF CE88 4179 C792  D9A9 F197 2A15 C78F 8B64