ClamAV updates (Dag repository source)

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 18:44:56 UTC 2005

On 5/16/05, Matt Morgan <minxmertzmomo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dag's page about his clam rpm's
> (http://dag.wieers.com/packages/clamav/), he says
>
> "Most importantly, the virus database is kept up to date." What I
> think he means is that by using yum and updating clamav-db, my virus
> definitions will be kept up to date via yum. In other words, that I
> should NOT use freshclam to manage virus definitions updates. Is that
> correct?

I don't think so. The line before that states that the package
provides "a tool for automatic updating via Internet". I don't think
that means to imply that the updates will come from dag's site. The
tool he is referring to IS freshclam.

--

David
Registered Linux User 383030 (since everyone else was doing it 8-)