A question about NTFS

Phil Schaffner Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov
Tue May 17 13:39:48 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 14:45 -0400, Jeff Kinz wrote:
... snip ...
> Nope, Unless I mis-read his email, he wants the linux-ntfs project
> integrated into the body proper of his favorite distro, FC-N, so he
> doesn't have to install it himself after each update.
>
> A reasonable thing to desire if you have to interface w/NTFS
> partitions
> a lot.

May be reasonable, but ain't gonna happen with Fedora due to concern
about possible legal problems -

  http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/about.html

Easy enough to get the required modules from sources such as the above,
or roll your own if comfortable with kernel building as mentioned
elsewhere in the thread.

Phil