FC 2/3 Backup

Anthony J Placilla anthony_placilla at SUTH.COM
Tue May 17 15:37:38 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 11:18 -0400, Tim Holmes wrote:
> Good Morning Everyone:
>
> I have just found out that it is not possible to back up our fedora
> servers using our current backup solution (veritas 10 for windows) -
> the remote agent will not work on Fedora.  So I am at the point of
> needing some help, I need some form of a backup solution that will allow
> us to back up the fedora boxes either using the veritas server (like a
> remote agent that works), or some form of a backup solution that I can
> just use
>
> Any suggestions?

Veritas BackUpExec & NetBackup both ship with Linux/UNIX agents on the
CD

We're using BackUpExec 10 on the Windows server & it see the linux
clients fine.

What particular issues are you having?

--
Tony Placilla, RHCT
anthony_placilla at suth.com

J.O.A.T.

GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/C78F8B64              http://pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint = A8D5 7AFF CE88 4179 C792  D9A9 F197 2A15 C78F 8B64