List policy (was RE: telnet and rsh slow to respond)

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue May 17 17:07:26 UTC 2005

Paul Crossman wrote:
> Thanks for the note on my specific issue, however....

>>Am Di, den 17.05.2005 schrieb Paul Crossman um 16:19:
>>
>>Please, no HTML formatted mails to this list. Thanks.
>

> Hmmm.... didn't see a list policy on that...  Is there one?  I find that
> this comment from you was very "Redmond, WA" of you.

http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~seabra/linux/FedoraRules.html

Yes, it's unofficial. Importing into the Fedora Docs project is a work
in progress.

> How about you not send each email as an attachment?

He didn't. His mail was signed, which your mail client appears to have
misinterpreted as being an attachment.

> I asked for help on an issue, not a critique of my employers mandated choice
> of email client.

He offered suggestions about what might be causing the problem as well
as asking nicely that you didn't post HTML. And it would seem from this
last post that your employer's mandated choice of email client is
perfectly capable of posting in plain text.

Paul.