test 2

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue May 17 21:13:12 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Di, den 17.05.2005 schrieb Rick Stevens um 22:45:
>

>>Should you need to, you can fake that out by editing
>>/etc/mail/sendmail.cf and modifying this line:
>>
>>	#Dj$w.Foo.COM

>>	Djmyhostname.mydomain.mytopdomain
>

> Long story short: one should under (nearly) each circumstance avoid to
> edit the sendmail.cf (submit.cf) directly, and instead configure things
> through the sendmail.mc (submit.mc)!
> All you suggest Rick, is adjustable through definitions in the
> sendmail.mc.
>
> Dj -> define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `mail.dscd.de')
> DS -> define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp.your.provider') [already prepared in the
> Fedora shipped file]
>
> Information coming from the cf/README.

Yes, I concur about using the m4 macro files (.mc).  Unfortunately, my
.cf files are pretty complex of necessity, and m4 either doesn't support
all the stuff I need or it makes the build process overly complex.  As a
result, I'm really used to futzing with the .cf files directly and I
forget what the m4 macro names are.

I appologize for confusing the issue if I did.
-         Okay, who put a "stop payment" on my reality check?        -