List policy (was RE: telnet and rsh slow to respond)

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue May 17 23:56:33 UTC 2005

Paul Crossman wrote:
> Thanks for the note on my specific issue, however....
>

>>Am Di, den 17.05.2005 schrieb Paul Crossman um 16:19:
>>
>>Please, no HTML formatted mails to this list. Thanks.
>

> Hmmm.... didn't see a list policy on that...  Is there one?  I find that
> this comment from you was very "Redmond, WA" of you.

If you post HTML to the list, you will get flamed by some, you will get
ignored by others....

Mostly by people who've been around for a while, who've gained some
expertise and whose help you seek.

Best humour them. they have good reasons.

> How about you not send each email as an attachment?
>
> I asked for help on an issue, not a critique of my employers mandated choice
> of email client.

Nobody criticised your email client, just your thoughtless use of it.
Users of Lookout, Lookout Express and other Redmond malware are welcome,
but they are expected to observe the courtesies.

One of which is no HTML.

I'm sure that if you check your email client's setting you will discover
how to turn HTML  (and so improve your and our security).

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait