questions on ssh

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Wed May 18 07:20:18 UTC 2005

Ankush,

Peter Koinange schrieb:
> edit /etc/ssh/ssh_config
Set Protocol=2

> Peter
>
> On 5/16/05, Ankush Grover <ankush174 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hey friends ,
>>
>>I have few questions on ssh
>>
>>a) I want to use only SSH version 2 on my servers means any client
>>trying to access the servers should use only SSH version 2.
>>
>>b) I am using putty on windows for the first time when I connect the
>>putty to the Linux Server it asks for acceptance of  the key.I know
>>this key is common and dummy as this key is with every fedora core 3
>>cd.How can I generate my  own key so that I know that  I am connecting
>>to the correct server.\
The key is generated while starting 1st time Fedora, so your server-key
should be unique.

>>c) How to do X11 forwarding in putty( on windows) to my remote Linux servers.
you will have to install cygwin on your windows-machines, which is not
that trivial, i think. If you want your servers managed remotly, think
about installing vncserver and install a vnc-client on your
windows-machines.

>>d) I want to put the public keys of users generated on the Linux
>>clients on the servers so that the users don't have to use the
>>passwords for authencation with the servers. I want to use only ssh
>>version 2 not ssh version 1.
see here for public key authentication:
http://www.ssh.com/support/documentation/online/ssh/winadminguide/32/Public-Key_Authentication-2.html