missing operating system problem

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed May 18 11:18:33 UTC 2005

Mark A. Beaumont wrote:
> Many thanks for people's suggestions so far...
>
> Yes - I have checked that there are no other disks causing a problem. I
> have played with the ordering of boot drives; I have run the fedora
> installation cd in rescue mode. I played with all possible permutations
> of how to set up the boot configuration, but everything gave the same
> result. The trouble is I don't really know what I'm looking for. The
> grub.conf looks like others I've seen while trawling through Google, so
> I assume it is OK.
>
> I will have a go with the suggestion below tomorrow:-

I had troubles before using drives that were used fro the first time
before. I set the /boot partition as active and things worked alright.
Do you have a partition set as active on the primary disk?

This seemed to be a BIOS expectation and not one of the operating system
being installed.

Jim

--
<change_m2> Will LINUX ever overtake sliced bread as the #1 achievement
             of mankind?