Upgrade process from FC3 to FC4?

Marc Wiriadisastra marc at strikeforce.dyndns.org
Wed May 18 15:01:16 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 10:50 -0400, Alex Evonosky wrote:
> Basil Copeland wrote:
> > On 5/18/05, Matt Florido <matt at floridonet.com> wrote:
> >

> >>It will be interesting to see how well the upgrade process works.  In my
> >>experience, it has always been better to simply backup existing necessary
> >>files/folders and do a clean install.
>

> my 2cents-
>
> I have always used the upgrade process and have not had any issues.  Of
> course, I backed up my essential files in case of some minor changes
> between releases, but its been a smooth process from FC1 to FC4 test3
> using the upgrade feature.

Same I've never had issues.  I backed up the config files and thats
about it.  Any emails and all the necessary stuff I needed.

In a like for like against Windows I would say Fedora is much safer than
Windows since last time I upgraded windows I needed to format and start
again a month later.  I've had my FC3 installed since it first came out
and its only been upgraded since FC1 so no issues for me.