Compile a driver

Shahzad Chohan shahzad.chohan at gmail.com
Wed May 18 15:42:21 UTC 2005

the version of the driver in the kernel

On 5/18/05, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
> Shahzad Chohan wrote:
> > Many Thanks for all the replies. Basically there is a source on the
> > adaptec site for the adaptec 29160 scsi card. They provide an RPM but
> > if I install it it says no pre-built module for the kernel. I assume
> > its not been updated. They also provide the source but I don't know
> > how to build it as it doesn't give any instructions on how to build
> > it.
>
> The 29160 card should work with the aic7xxx driver shipped with the
> Fedora kernel; are you having problems with it?
>
> Paul.
>
> --

Hi

Basically I have a problem with veritas netbackup 5.1 and our tape
library. Communication may be the cause of teh problem. All
communication goes thorugh the SCSi card adaptech 29160, one of the
suggested solutions was to upgrade the adaptec driver. I've managed to
get the source code but I'm stuck as to what to do next. I ran make
but it said no rule to make /Rule.make. I did make aic7xxx and it just
bailed out with errors. Adaptec said refer to  linux documentation for
build instructions. I've searched the web but I can't find anything
useful. So you guys are my last resort.

Mnay Thanks
Shahzad