Upgrade process from FC3 to FC4?

TGS spam at tachegroup.com
Thu May 19 02:08:05 UTC 2005

Ha! I have a machine that I have updated from
RH7->RH8->RH9->FC1->FC2->FC3 - with all the updates in between -
including many development updates throughout that cycle. It is never a
fresh install.

In fact I have migrated to a few new versions of the actual hardware,
from a Gateway - PII-133Mhz to a Shuttle XPC - AMD XP 3000 that it
resides on now. I also have upgraded the hard drive, by copying over
the install, and moving from LILO to Grub.

I only have had to compare the list of installed RPMS from time to
time, to see what RPMS are on the machine that I need to manually
remove. That was made much easier with the yum list extras command.