FC 2/3 Backup

Tim Holmes tholmes at mcaschool.net
Thu May 19 11:36:24 UTC 2005

> > [Tim Holmes wrote]
> >
> > Ok -- here is the output
> >
> >  [root at SRVFS-01 bin]# file beremote
> > beremote: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV),
for
> > GNU/Linux 2.2.5, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped
> > [root at SRVFS-01 bin]#
> >
> > login as: root
> > root at 192.168.0.13's password:
> > Last login: Wed May 18 17:11:41 2005 from mod3teacher.mcaschool.net
> > [root at SRVFS-01 root]# strace /etc/init.d VRTSralus.init start
> > strace: exec: Permission denied
> > execve("/etc/init.d", ["/etc/init.d", "VRTSralus.init", "start"],
[/* 24
> > vars */
> > ]) = 0
> > [root at SRVFS-01 root]#
> >

> > thanks again for all your help
> >
> > TIM
> >

> I believe the beremote is the actual Backup Exec Remote agent.
> I believe that strace command should be
> 'strace /etc/init.d/VRTSralus.init start'
> strace bombs out when running it on a directory ;)
>

> Also check your services file (/etc/services) for:
> grfs	6101/tcp	#Backup exec agent
>
> --
> ya viene el sol  |
>                  \|/
>               ~~~~O~~~~
>                  /|\

[Tim Holmes wrote]

Jeremy:

Yes, beremote is the actual remote agent, and yes, strace has bombed out
when I used it with the syntax shown above.

As far as the service entry, it is not there,

I am going to try to add it to the bottom of the file and see what
happens.  If this is not right, please let me know where to add it.

Thanks for all the help, I suspect that we are gaining on this thing
finally

TIM