migrate from redhat9 to fc3

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Thu May 19 18:29:02 UTC 2005

migrating from RH9 -> FC3 is doable.

-you need to make sure you have enough space on your hard drive/paritions.
-you need to determine how/where you want to set things up on your drive...
-you need to determine how you're going to run the server (desktop/headless)
-you need to determine which apps you want to run with/etc..

when installing, are you going to use the local cd-rom/cd isos, or are you
going to do a network install?

assuming a CD-Rom install:
the basic process is to do a 'upgrade' from the CD's, following the CD
process. if you do this approach, make sure you have ample space under the
parition that you want to use for the install.

this is a high level overview.

let me know if you need other information.

(above all, make backups/copies of the files/apps that are importnat to
you!!!)

-bruce