FC4 and KDE : my hopes

John debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri May 20 02:50:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 20:52 -0400, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> Matthew Miller wrote:
>
> >On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 08:25:05PM -0400, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> >

> >>Originally I intended to go on a rant about how old the FC3 available
> >>version of KDE is, but I recognize that Fedora is Gnome centric and that
> >>I am not contributing financially to the Fedora Project. As such I would
> >>

> >The FC4 development tree has 3.4.0, which as far as I know is the very
> >latest. FC3 had 3.3.0 but was shortly updated to 3.3.1. I'm really not sure
> >what more you coud want.

Generally speaking, vendors do not change versions but they do back-port
fixes (if they didn't generate the fixes themselves).

For this purpose, the Fedora Project is a vendor.

> It would have been nice to have had the update for KDE to 3.4 sooner,
> apperently alot of kde centric apps nolonger compile (easily at least)
> against KDE 3.3.1 libs.

Updating to new releases of software is what we have releases for,

<pruning done>

--
John <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>