Cups printer on FC3

Livhu Tshisikule livhu.tshisikule at telkomsa.net
Fri May 20 06:27:39 UTC 2005

On Thursday 19 May 2005 16:59, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 10:32:56AM +0200, Livhu Tshisikule wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I had two HP printers connected to FC3 Server they have been working well
> > for sometime. Yesterday I could not print from windows XP, so I decided
> > to reinstall the printer. (http://server:631/Printername). A user is
> > required to continue for the installation, I have tried using the Unix
> > users but access was denied, which user am I suppose to use?
> >
> > I would like to build a printserver using a thin client (thinstation) has
> > someone tried, if yes can you please give me info on how todo this?
>
> T is root and the root passwd that is needed when I try this.
I tried to login as root but that does not work either. I configured two USB
printers on the same system P1 /dev/usb/lp0 and P2 /dev/usb/lp1
I the printers are switched off and then on again sometimes the system will
confuse the two printers and when a job is sent to P1 it will be printed on
P2. Sometimes the system will automatically add new printers

--
Regards
Livhu Tshisikule
Alt. E-mail livhu.tshisikule at webmail.co.za
WEB http://dembe.netfirms.com
Dembe Open Source Unix Solutions(DOSUS)
"Mubva hana nzie, nzie dzi khoroni"
"I rema nga lunwe mbevhana mulindi u do vhuya wa dala"