OT: What's the deal with Ubuntu?

Emmanuel Seyman seyman at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 20 21:53:09 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 12:34:38PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> Why is this question any harder to answer for fedora than for ubuntu?

Well, for one thing, Fedora started off as a 4-CD set while Ubuntu
had the advantage of starting fresh.

Making Fedora fit on one CD means removing packages and not everyone
agrees on which packages should be moved to Fedora Extras.

> And why, since it has been answered already, shouldn't approximately
> the same answer be shared?

If you're suggesting that Fedora Core ship with everything Ubuntu
includes and that everything else should be put in Extras, I'm not
sure that everyone will agree.

Emmanuel