One installation CD

Martín Marqués martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar
Sat May 21 13:22:16 UTC 2005

El Sáb 21 May 2005 10:04, Rahul Sundaram escribió:
> Hi
>

> >How hard would it be to have an extra CD image with the distro that will
only
> >have the necesarry things to start the installation, partition, run fdisk,
> >pass throught all the installation configuration, and when the packages are
> >needed, just download them from the net.
> >
> This functionality has existed for a long long time. use the netboot
> image and use "linux askmethod".

Done this several times.

> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3/i386/os/images/
> This is the Red Hat Enterprise Linux guide but the same applies for
> Fedora too

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/x8664-multi-install-guide/s1-begininstall-ftp.html.

Yes, but I still have to download 670Mb of the first CD. The idea is to have a
CD image that doesn't have more then 100Mb (like the rescue CD). How hard is
it to make an extra image, just like CD1, but with default installation
method one of: network, www, ftp, nfs, etc., and no other .rpm packages?

The other thing I put in the mail was the ability to install from a yam
server. Maybe I haven't read enough yet. If I put the URL of the yam server
in the www download of the installation, will the yam server become a simple
www mirror of FC3.

--
 10:13:52 up 49 days, 18:37,  4 users,  load average: 2.03, 1.58, 1.31
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'