C++ Compiling Problems

John Wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Sun May 22 18:29:53 UTC 2005

Coert Waagmeester wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I've started learning C++. (Should I first learn C ?)
>
> I have an eBook from SAMS Teach yourself C++ in 21 days
> When I compiled their Hello World example:

[snip]

> Kind regards,
> Coert

I'm sure you'll get lots of replies, but I recommend you dump the SAMS
crap. I really like "Thinking in C++", by Bruce Eckel. Google will take
you to his web site where you can download the complete book. It assumes
you know nothing about C++ and contains an appendix that covers the
necessary parts of C for total beginners.

Regards,

John