Asus A7V880 and VIA 880 chipset

Randy Kelsoe randykel at swbell.net
Sun May 22 19:16:03 UTC 2005

Hi, All

My nforce2 mobo died and I replaced it with an Asus A7V880 with the VIA
880 chipset. SATA is slow, and FC3 only sees USB 1.1 controllers.
Whenever I log out, the machine locks up before I get the login screen
back.

I did not reinstall FC3, I just used kudzu and got everything up and going.

Is anyone else using this mobo, or this chipset successfully? I have
done some searches and have not found much. I did find something that
said this chipset was buggy and would never be able to be fixed. I have
upgraded the BIOS to the latest version, and still have the same problems.