sendmail

Shahzad Chohan shahzad.chohan at gmail.com
Mon May 23 10:00:34 UTC 2005

Hi

I was wondering if someone could help me figure out an odd behaviour
in sendmail. Basically
I have a lot of messages from example.com with lots of reciepients
some are to us some aren't. When clearing out the mailq for all emails
matching example.com I get errors with can't find dns entries for
foo.com, even though foo.com has nothing to do with us. Is there a
reason why its trying to deliver mail to reciepients that don't belong
to us, even though the original sender of the mail sent the mail to
us?

Here's what I ran
sendmail -qSfred at example.com

If you need more info please let me know.

Many Thanks
Shaz