Printer Problems (was no subject)

Bob Chiodini rchiodin at bellsouth.net
Mon May 23 11:15:22 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 11:56 +0200, roland brouwers wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I configured the printers on the server with queue-type networked Unix
> LPD port 9100 interface raw
> I use the instruction ‘lp –d’
>
> Sometimes some printers stop printing and when we check it on
> localhost:631 they are off-line. Setting them on-line, restarts the
> printjob.
>
> What could be the reason?
>
> With redhat9 I had a window on the desktop, showing the jobs the printer
> handled. Where do I find this in Fedora.
>

> Roland Brouwers
> Email roland at cat.be

Your first question:  I hate to say it, but it works okay here, Color
Laserjet 5500, on port 9100, using the postscript driver.

Your second question:  In gnome there should be a printer icon in the
Panel Notification Area in the upper right corner, near the clock.  It
will blink when you start printing, and will "gray out" when the job is
finished.  Clicking on that icon should show a window with the printer
status.

Bob...