Threading on Fedora Core

fredex fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue May 24 01:04:36 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 04:53:09PM -0700, Dan Trainor wrote:
> Hello -
>
> We've been investigating the scenario where a mutex is blocked or
> improperly blocked.
>
> There is one processor on the system, a P4 3.0 w/HTT.
>
> I didn't figure that it would be a case with Fedora Core itself, but
> like I said, we're running out of ideas, and we should at least check to
> make sure that this wasn't a known problem or even a known bug.
>
> Thanks
> -dant

Last I noticed, the FAQ on Dave Butenhof's web site that shows the known
ways to compile for pthreads on various systems showed that for linux
you should use "-DREENTRANT" and that having done so you don't need to
explicitly list "-lpthread".

Have you tried using strace to see what it's doing?

or perhaps setting breakpoints in gdb (or DDD) at suspicous points and
seeing what state it is in when it get to those points?

Fred