INIT error when changing from runlevel 3 to 5

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Tue May 24 07:00:06 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 02:25 am, Frank Chen wrote:
> The error message is:
>
> INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5
> minutes
>
> The same message repeats every 5 minutes. I am unable
> to get to level 5. Any idea what's going on?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frank

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Somewhere some file is/got corrupted for the X manager startup.

Try starting from init 3 with startx.

Also look in files;
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/xdm-errors
/var/log/gdm

Also you could try this script;
/etc/X11/gdm/XKeepsCrashing
--
John H Ludwig

Common sense is so rare, why do they call it common!!!

I'm not schitziod! I got better tomorrow.