up2date in enterprise environment?

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue May 24 14:04:36 UTC 2005

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 07:17, John Summerfied wrote:
>
>>>Both would be taken care of by using a local yum repo.
>>
>>My personal favourite (and this assumes that the box with Internet
>>access has good Internet access) is to configure an Apache virtual host,
>>maybe redhat.example.com, that proxies a convenient external mirror.
>

> Do you happen to have an example config for the apache host with
> reasonable settings for the cache parameters?   I've been using
> a squid proxy but find that it is currently barely useful because
> the update mirror target is chosen at random instead of matching
> what's already in the cache.

Bend this to your taste:
<VirtualHost 192.168.9.4>

     ServerAdmin webmaster at demo.room
     DocumentRoot /var/local/mirrors/linux/Fedora/
     ServerName fedora.demo.room
     ServerAlias fedora.demo.lan
     ServerAlias fedora
     ErrorLog /var/log/apache/fedora-error_log
     CustomLog /var/log/apache/fedora-access_log common
<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
     #
     # Proxy Server directives. Uncomment the following lines to
     # enable the proxy server:
     #
     ProxyRequests On
     #
     <Directory proxy:*>
         Order deny,allow
         Deny from all
         Allow from 192.168.8.0/255.255.255.0
	Allow from 192.168.9.0/255.255.255.0
	Allow from 10.10.0.0/255.255.0.0
     </Directory>

     # Enable/disable the handling of HTTP/1.1 "Via:" headers.
     # ("Full" adds the server version; "Block" removes all outgoing Via:
     # headers) Set to one of: Off | On | Full | Block

     ProxyVia On

     ProxyPass        /redhat/ http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/redhat/
     ProxyPassReverse /redhat/ http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/redhat/
     ProxyPass        /linux/ http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/
     ProxyPassReverse /linux/ http://mirror.pacific.net.au/linux/
     CacheRoot "/var/cache/apache"
     CacheSize 500000
     CacheGcInterval 24
     CacheMaxExpire 744
     CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
     CacheDefaultExpire 180
#NoCache a_domain.com another_domain.edu joes.garage_sale.com

</IfModule>
# End of proxy directives.

</VirtualHost>

--